CalabacitasFrom sara 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced shopping list
- 1½ cups yellow squash, sliced shopping list
- 2½ cups zucchini shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels shopping list
- 2 scallions, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup green chile, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- mixed herbs, to taste (oregano, marjoram, and cumin) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet or wok and sauté the onion for about 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Add the squash and zucchini and sauté 5 minutes more, until softened.
- Add the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil with the corn, scallions, and green chile and sauté 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, and beans and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and herbs. Serve immediately