New Potatoes With Chive ButterFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds small white or yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled (small taters!) shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter (unsalted) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh green herbs, such as parsley, chives, and dill shopping list
- chive Butter: shopping list
- 4 oz. butter (1 stick), softened shopping list
- 1/4 Cup chives shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Sea salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot. Add the whole potatoes, salt, and pepper and toss well. Cover the pot tightly and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are just tender when tested with a small knife. From time to time, shake the pot without removing the lid to prevent the bottom potatoes from burning.
- Prepare Chive butter:
- Take all ingredients and mix. Chill 15 minutes.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, make small balls
- Turn off the heat and allow the potatoes to steam for another 5 minutes. Don't overcook! Toss with the herbs, top with butter and serve!!!
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating9 people
Love this! My mom made this all the time and is still one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes. It's a 5 in my book.
Deedeedeec in Seattle loved it
Delicious! Goes great with any meat dish! Thanks for sharing...juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Love it, especially with the addition of chives...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!