Parmesan-crusted Chicken In Cream SauceFrom cheric 5 years ago
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT 100% Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.) shopping list
- 2 tsp. oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA chive & onion Light cream cheese spread shopping list
- 3/4 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed shopping list
How to make it
- COOK rice as directed on package, using 1-1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
- MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning each piece over to evenly coat both sides. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (165°F). Place chicken on serving plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and the cream cheese spread to skillet. Cook on medium heat just until mixture comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with the rice and asparagus.
- Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread and stirring in 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives along with the cream cheese spread.
- Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green beans, cooked and drained, for the asparagus.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating4 people
Just made my stomach growl. Sounds wonderful. I'll be trying this one. I get the Kraftfoods cookbooks too...I don't remember seeing this one. Thank you.oregongrandma in loved it
Absolutely Fabulous!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Wonderful, great flavor.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!