Curried Beef Samosas With Mango Papaya ChutneyFrom kidaria 8 years ago
- For chutney: shopping list
- 1 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, chopped shopping list
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, chopped shopping list
- 1 c finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried currants shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- For samosas: shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/3 c finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 36 wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten with some water to blend shopping list
- vegetable oil, for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- For chutney:
- Combine all ingredients except currants in medium saucepan. and simmer until onion is tender and mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in currants. Set aside and chill.
- For samosas:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat and add onion.
- Sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and sauté until brown, breaking up clumps with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and flour and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer beef mixture to colander and drain oil and cool.
- Lightly flour baking sheet. Arrange 12 wonton wrappers on work surface.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling in center of each.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Fold each wrapper diagonally in half, forming triangle.
- Press edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Add enough vegetable oil to heavy large saucepan to reach depth of 4 inches.
- Fry samosas until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer samosas to paper towels to drain oil.
- Serve samosas with chutney.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
Now. that's what I'm talking about! This sounds delicious. Samosas are delicous and the chutney sounds out of this world!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
thepiggs in loved it
I adore samosas and can't wait to give yours a try. Thanks so much, m'dear!lunasea in Orlando loved it
delicious....greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it