Stringy Pot RoastFrom solanaceae 7 years ago
- 5-6 LB Blade chuck roast shopping list
- 3-4 Large onions thinly sliced shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 C beef stock shopping list
- 1 head of garlic peeled shopping list
- 2 peeled & quartered potatoes per person shopping list
- 2 peeled & chunked carrots per person shopping list
- 1 1/2 C water shopping list
- additional onions if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Put roast & onions in deep roaster, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered 1 to 1.5 hours until meat is well browned.
- Reduce heat to 350*
- Add enough stock to cover bottom of pan, add garlic cloves and cover with foil.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Add veggies and 1.5 C of water, recover and cook an additional 1.5 hours.
- You may add additional onions when you add the other veggies.
- Reserve juices for gravy.
The Cooksolanaceae Manchester, NH
The Rating5 people
Yummy-- it's been a long time since I've had a pot roast! Sounds greatjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds wonderful!When it shreds apart, you know it will be so good.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Excellent and sounds super delicious! Thank you...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!