Sweet and Sour Noodles with AsparagusFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 8 oz. dried Asian noodles, such as soba, udon or Chinese wheat noodles shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. slender asparagus, trimmed and cut on slight diagonal into 1-inch pieces (4 cups) shopping list
- 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Set aside.
- In nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet, heat both oils over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, vinegar, soy sauce and honey; mix well. Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, until mixture has thickened, 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked noodles until well coated. Season with pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to create a pleasing sweet and sour balance. Serve
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
my soninlaw would love this thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds yummy!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
This works for me. My boyfriend is on low-fat. I am on low carbs. This recipe sounds so darn good, makes me want to go on low-fat.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it