Sweet and Sour Noodles with AsparagusFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 8 oz. dried Asian noodles, such as soba, udon or Chinese wheat noodles shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. slender asparagus, trimmed and cut on slight diagonal into 1-inch pieces (4 cups) shopping list
- 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Set aside.
- In nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet, heat both oils over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, vinegar, soy sauce and honey; mix well. Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, until mixture has thickened, 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked noodles until well coated. Season with pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to create a pleasing sweet and sour balance. Serve
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This works for me. My boyfriend is on low-fat. I am on low carbs. This recipe sounds so darn good, makes me want to go on low-fat.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Sounds yummy!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
my soninlaw would love this thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it