Paul Neumans Chocolate CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 pk Dark choc cake mix Or shopping list
- 1 Recipe favorite 9 x 13 chocolate cake ( I used this as I don't care for mixes ) Or yellow or butter cake shopping list
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk ( not evaporated ) shopping list
- ( I use about 1/2 can ) shopping list
- 1 ,16 0z jar butterscoth ice cream topping shopping list
- 1 ,8 0z Cool Whip (I use 12 oz whipped topping) shopping list
- 3 Heath candy bars ( crushed in the wrappers ) shopping list
- 1.4 oz each ( English toffee and milk chocolate ) shopping list
- chocolate jimmies ( sprinkles ) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake for 9 x 13 pan and bake and completely cool.
- If using mix follow pkg directions.
- Or prepare your favorite scratch yellow, butter or chocolate cake recipe.
- I place the batter into 2, 9 or 10 inch round cake pans since I vary the recipe for a layer cake and not a 9 x 13 pan kind.
- When completely cool:
- Using large blunt end of a chop stick, poke holes all over cake and pour the condensed milk over cake ( 1 can was just to much for the layer cake and 1/2 can was sufficient) .
- But try the entire jar if you wish for the 9 x 13 pan.
- Then spread over the caramel topping ( used whole jar ) and spread evely with the coolwhip.
- For the layers, use whipped topping to frost entire cake and not in between layers.
- Sprinkle top of cake with the crushed candy ( helps to chill bars first then crush ).
- I sprinkled top of each layer with the crushed candy bars plus reserved some extra to sprinkle over the whipped topping.
- Chill cake for several hours ( I prepared mine a day ahead ) before slicing.
- This is an extremely moist cake from all that milk and caramel. I also used some chocolate jimmies to decorate the cake.
- If you love chocolate this is probably one of the most delicious cakes to try.
- It also came out extremely delicious with the yellow or butter cake recipes. But the chocolate is extra special.
- Note: with layer cake:
- Some of the caramel will ooze out of the layers as you spread it on layers and this is just fine.
- It adds to the attractiveness of the cake.
- Work quickly to frost and cover the entire cake with the whipped topping and throw on jimmies and crushed heath bars all over the cake including sides.
- Then immediately chill to set the caramel etc.
- The cake tastes best when allowed to chill over night.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
I love Paul Newman and I also love this recipe!!!
Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
I have made this cake before and it's wonderful, a can of Eagle Brand Milk is fine or the 9X13 pan. So moist and yummie. Great post, it's a 5 okayhenrie in Savannah loved it
it sounds terrific thanks for the postminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it