Manicotti Stuffed With SpinachFrom lor 6 years ago
- 10 manicotti shells shopping list
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can / jar tomato sauce shopping list
- a dash of hot sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water or half water and half reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1 16-oz. carton low-fat cottage cheese(no salt is necessary because it's in the cottage cheese) shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- a pinch to 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (optional) shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray such as PAM shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine next 9 ingredients.
- Cover and cook sauce over low heat for approximately 1 hour.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Remove spinach with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel, squeezing until almost all the moisture is squeezed out.
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and cumin in a bowl.
- Stuff manicotti shells with spinach and cheese mixture and arrange in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour tomato sauce over manicotti.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating8 people
Oh yummm....I wish I had this right now. Thanks, Lor sweetie!lunasea in Orlando loved it
This is a great recipe I love this filling and I could use it for ravioli or Shells too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
looks yummy! you have my 5netty_angel in Rolla loved it