Raspberry Lemon MuffinsFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- juice and zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed, dried well, and coated in a bit of flour (it helps prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom when baking - just be sure to shake the excess flour off the raspberries...this is done easiest by putting them in a wire colander and gently shaking it back and forth to remove the excess) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, oil, juice, zest and eggs.
- Stir half-and-half mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until well moistened, but do not over-stir the batter!
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling each tin 3/4 full (I got 20 regular size muffins)
- Bake 400 degres for 18 to 22 minutes, until tops of muffins spring back when poked.