Apricot Butter BarsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 cup of dried apricots shopping list
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven o 350 degrees.
- Butter a nine inch square cake pan.
- Rinse the apricots, place them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain, cool, chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cut the butter into 1/4 cup of brown sugar and one cup of flour until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake 25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, sift remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs until well blended.
- Beat in the remaining cup of brown sugar and thn the flour mixture until well blended.
- Add the vanilla, chopped nuts and apricots.
- Evenly spread the apricot nut mixture over the baked layer and continue to bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan and cut into squares or bars.
- Makes 2 dozen.