CRANBERRY TURKEY MUFFULETTAFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1 7- to 8-inch round Italian or artisan bread shopping list
- 1 cup - whole berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4 thin red onion slices, separated into rings shopping list
- 4 slices (about 3 ounces) cooked turkey breast shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the top quarter off of the bread. Hollow out bottom and top of the bread, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Use the bread you pull out for croutons or bread crumbs. Set bread shell aside.
- Combine cranberry sauce, celery, garlic, basil and vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Spread in bottom of shell and top of bread. Place half of the onion slices in bottom of bread. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Layer turkey on top. Spread remaining cheese over turkey and top with remaining onion. Place top on bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes. Unwrap; cut into wedges and serve.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
that is a big sandwich! Do I have to share?
jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love these Muffuletta type sandwiches and the turkey/cranberry flavor combo is calling to me. I will make this one for sure.slevans in Ludlow loved it
This is a champion turkey sandwich.
Five forks for minitrigger in loved it