Memas Fried Breakfast ApplesFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the apples, do not peel.
- Cut in 1/8 inch sections and remove the cores with a small melon baller.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the apple slices and saute gently until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn frequently but gently.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Sprinkle the mace and sugar evenly over the apples.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Cover and cook until syrup carmelizes and the apples are glazed about another 10 minutes.
- Good as a side dish at dinner with pork or ham, too.