Beef Stew Provencal - Crock PotFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 lbs beef stew meat shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 cups chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- Dash of ground cloves shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 cups cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups uncooked noodles) or equivalent boiled potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a small Dutch oven over low heat.
- Add garlic; cook 5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add beef to pan; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
- Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add garlic, beef, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, carrot, and next 8 ingredients (through bay leaf).
- Place beef mixture in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over noodles.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!