TERIYAKI RICEFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or '1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for I minute.
- Add red pepper; cook for I minute. Stir in brown rice and broth; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer rice until liquid is absorbed, about 40 minutes. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add soy sauce mixture to rice mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for I minute.
- Place rice in a serving dish. Sprinkle green onion over rice. Serve immediately.
- SHORT CUT Use long-grain white rice instead of the brown rice and cut the cooking time in half. Toss with cooked chicken, beef, or pork for an economical meal-in-one.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating6 people
I LOVE FRIED RICE THIS SOUNDS VERY GOODminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I made this rice tonight and it was a huge hit in this household. It was easy to assemble and the taste was fantastic. It truely deserves the 5 I gave it and would have gave it more if I could have. Thanks so much for a great recipe that will be a st...moremodmom50 in Lawrence loved it
I am not a rice fan but I do like fried rice. This sounds great and will be good with my baked pork chops!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it