Cornflake Peanut Butter DropsFrom krumkake 9 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butterscotch chips in the microwave.
- Add peanut butter and stir to blend.
- Place cornflakes in a large bowl; pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir very gently to coat the flakes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and freeze about 15 minutes, just to firm up (I like to kinda "squeeze them together" just a smidge - helps to keep them from falling apart so easily when eating them).
- Store in covered container. If it's warm or humid, keep these in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: Since we really like the peanut butter flavor, I tend to use more peanut butter and less butterscotch chips - all depends on the flavor you are looking for. If I use 1/2 cup peanut butter, I will usually reduce the chips by about 1/4 cup - I just go by taste, melting the chips first, adding peanut butter until I get the flavor balance I want, then adding the cornflakes.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- tribeowens Nowhere, Us
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- spicy18 Nowhere, Us
- KimCorcoran2 Nowhere, Us
- Sheilamarielub Whereabouts, Unknown
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- maryh99 St Peters, MO
- mgordon Manhattan, KS
- mkstall5 Louisville, KY
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
Yummy! I am on a peanut butter kick this week...last week I was on the potato kick...hmmm all of these strange cravings! Thanks for sharing this one it looks good,fattening and easy! Your cooking bud~M
Just a thought...what about drizzling some chocolate on the top of these babies before you freeze them..can we say recess peanut butter cup!~M
Okay...I just made these and they are very tasty..I was to lazy to melt the chocolate over them so I just randomly stuck some chocolate chips on the top...
Thanks again pot luck person (who ever you are) and Krumkake for sharing=0)~M