Cornflake Peanut Butter DropsFrom krumkake 9 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butterscotch chips in the microwave.
- Add peanut butter and stir to blend.
- Place cornflakes in a large bowl; pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir very gently to coat the flakes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and freeze about 15 minutes, just to firm up (I like to kinda "squeeze them together" just a smidge - helps to keep them from falling apart so easily when eating them).
- Store in covered container. If it's warm or humid, keep these in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: Since we really like the peanut butter flavor, I tend to use more peanut butter and less butterscotch chips - all depends on the flavor you are looking for. If I use 1/2 cup peanut butter, I will usually reduce the chips by about 1/4 cup - I just go by taste, melting the chips first, adding peanut butter until I get the flavor balance I want, then adding the cornflakes.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- tribeowens Nowhere, Us
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- spicy18 Nowhere, Us
- KimCorcoran2 Nowhere, Us
- Sheilamarielub Whereabouts, Unknown
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- maryh99 St Peters, MO
- mgordon Manhattan, KS
- mkstall5 Louisville, KY
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
Another have to make for the hubby. We are like Jack Sprat and Wife. My husband is so thin, he could pass for a toothpick. Needless to say, I'm twice the woman he married. LOL I'll need to fix these so he can have a nosh to add a little weight ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
STill one of our favorite cookies, except he isn't stick thin anymore. Since the stroke he has gained fifty lbs. This helped. LOL, hope you have a wonderful New Year. HEALTH and Wealth, dearest friend.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummy! I am on a peanut butter kick this week...last week I was on the potato kick...hmmm all of these strange cravings! Thanks for sharing this one it looks good,fattening and easy! Your cooking bud~Mmichellem in Idaho loved it