Raspberry coconut pound cakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ¾ cup raspberry jam shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped with 1 tbsp icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp roasted blanched almonds shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F (165C). Butter and line the base of 25cm cake pan.
- Line it with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together till light and creamy.
- Break the eggs in a separate bowl and beat lightly, add 2 tbsp of the eggs to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until incorporated. Repeat with the remaining beaten eggs in 3 equal portions. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat in low speed until mixed well, then add The remaining flour and beat until no white streaks are visible.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pans for 30 minutes then invert on a wire rack to cool.
- Split the cake in half and set the bottom half on a serving plate. Spread 2 tbsp of the raspberry jam over the top and carefully spread the whipped cream over.
- Top with the second cake half. Spread the rest of the jam all over the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Arrange Almonds in a decorative shape. Chill.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
It's a good thing I don't live next door.....I'd be asking to wash the dishes so I could lick the bowls!!!!
Awesome, Ahemd!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Ahmed, the cake is wonderful... raspberry and coconut... pound cake yum... the photos are greatpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I think this cake combines very well the fruit, cream, wonderful pound cake and the texture of the coconut, for me a 5!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!