Chewy Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg replacer shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark raisins, soaked and drained shopping list
- 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, foil, or silicone mats shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set the rack on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the brown sugar, then the egg replacer, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, then the oats and raisins.
- Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons 2-inches apart on the baking sheets and use a fork to gently flatten the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Rotate baking sheets during baking for even baking.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating6 people
Now you're talking GOOD COOKIES!!!
The addition of applesauce is new to me, and sounds very yummy. Thanks!!cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
mmmm. another great one, thanks!magali777 in Mexico loved it
oatmeal raisin cookies are always requested when I bring my chip-a-licious cookies around! I will try these!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members