Slow Cooker Hawaiian BeefFrom pudgy47 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chucks, drained, erserve juice shopping list
- 3 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tps finely chopped freah garlic shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots, halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 large onion, cutinto 1- inch pieces shopping list
- 3 tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tbs cold water shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
- green onion slices, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar,reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic in small bowl, stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tbs butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling, add half of steak pieces. Cook over med-high heat. Pepeat with remaining butter and steak pieces.
- Add carrots and onion to slow cooker. Pour pineapple juice mixture over vegetables. Cover, cook on Low heat setting for 7 to 9 hrs., or on High setting for 3 to 4 hrs. or until meat is tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch incold water in small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture, pineapple chunks and green pepper into beef mixture. Cover, continue cooking 30 mins. or until green pepper is crisply tender and juices are thickened. Serve over hot rice.
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
Think I'll have this over Brown & Wild Rice.
Great Post! RW
efitobx in Norfolk loved it
Great recipe ^5 whoever gave it a 1 should be slow cooked. Thanks for a very tasty dish..I loved it. joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
How did I miss this one, sounds fantastic!!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it