Baked Vidalia Onion DipFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 large vidalia onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chopped Vidalia onions, and saute about 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, white wine, garlic and Tabasco sauce; stir in onion, blending well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or crackers.
- To lighten: Substitute vegetable cooking spray for butter; substitute reduced-fat Swiss cheese and light mayonnaise.
The Cookwdsdy GA
The Rating4 people
A perfect recipe and perfect timing these delicious onions are in season now.
You have my 5 fork rating on this amazing Baked Vidalia Onion Dip Recipe
Michaeltrigger in loved it
LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
yummy! we all need to have a good onion dip recipe!! Vidalia onions can not be substituted.
My brother in law would eat them like an apple!jett2whit in Union City loved it