Baked Vidalia Onion DipFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 large vidalia onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chopped Vidalia onions, and saute about 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, white wine, garlic and Tabasco sauce; stir in onion, blending well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or crackers.
- To lighten: Substitute vegetable cooking spray for butter; substitute reduced-fat Swiss cheese and light mayonnaise.
The Cookwdsdy GA
The Rating4 people
yummy! we all need to have a good onion dip recipe!! Vidalia onions can not be substituted.
My brother in law would eat them like an apple!jett2whit in Union City loved it
LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
A perfect recipe and perfect timing these delicious onions are in season now.
You have my 5 fork rating on this amazing Baked Vidalia Onion Dip Recipe
Michaeltrigger in loved it