Turkish Green Bean StewFrom spotthecat1 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 T. oil (I use a mixture of pure olive oil and sunflower oil) shopping list
- 1 lb. lamb, cut into 1" cubes OR equivalent in beef cubes OR ground meat shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. green bean (flat variety like Italian), trimmed and cut in 2-3" pieces shopping list
- 3-4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1-2 T. sweet paprika (or more, to taste) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan saute the onion in the oil until translucent.
- Add the lamb cubes. The meat will release its juices and then reabsorb it. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add water till the beans are almost covered.
- Cover the pan and cook until the beans and the meat are tender, about 30 minutes.