Red Yellow Orange and Green Heirloom Tomato SaladFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes (red, yellow0, orange and green) shopping list
- 2 T red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 t Dijon mustard shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-2 large bunches arugula, stemmed, or mixed green such as mesclun (enough to make 8 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Tomaotes lienghtwise into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Place in a largenonreactive bowl and set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and several grinds of pepper together in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- Pour half of this mixutre over the tomatoes and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, toss arugula in a mixing bowl with enough of the remainging dressing to just coat lightly.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Use a large ceramic or glass platter, and mound greens in the center
- Taste the tomatoes and season with more salt and pepper if needed
- Using a slotted spoon, arrange a border of tomatoes around the greens.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
I bet this is tasty and beautiful! Nice post!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Yum. I love tomatoes and especially the heirloom ones. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
good salad for this summer thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it