Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple SalsaFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- Shrimp: shopping list
- 28 large shrimp shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- To prepare shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp in cold water; drain on paper towels until dry.
- Combine cornstarch, salt and red pepper in a shallow dish; stir with a whisk. Place egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until frothy (about 2 minutes). Place coconut in a shallow dish.
- Working with 1 shrimp at a time, dredge in cornstarch mixture. Dip in egg white, drdge in coconut, pressing gently with fingers. Place shrimp on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Lightly coat shrimp with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 F. for 20 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning after 10 minutes.
- To prepare salsa, combine chopped pineapple and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stir to combine.
- 1 serving = 7 shrimp and 1/4 cup salsa = 397 calories/11.4 g fat.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating4 people
Oh my. This sounds fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Excellent recipe!I am trying this one this week.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Very nice. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!