Layered Caramel Apple Crunch DipFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 jar of the thickest, richest caramel ice cream topping you can find (I'm a big fan of Mrs. Richardson's) shopping list
- 1 bag (11 ounce) Heath bits (or any chocolate coated toffee bits - or you can always go the extra mile and make your own toffee to crush!!) shopping list
- about 6 apples, cored and sliced (no need to remove the skin - it's good for you!) shopping list
- NOTE: to prevent apples from turning brown after you cut them, either sprinkle with some fruit Fresh (available at the grocers) or soak the slices in some salt water for about 10 minutes, then rinse well before placing on serving platter - a little citrus fruit juice will work, too, like some orange juice or lemon juice, but those juices will affect the taste of the apple slices, so you may not want that if you want the caramel apple flavor to dominate) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the cream cheese and brown sugar until well blended.
- Spread mixture out thinly on serving platter.
- Spread caramel ice cream topping over the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle toffee bits all over the caramel topping.
- Surround dip with slice apples and DIG IN!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
My waistline got bigger just reading this! But I am definitely going to make it for the next family gathering. It has to be to die for!michelle73 in Melville loved it
I know how tasty this stuff is! It's addictive.
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
YUM!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it