Green Tomatoes SoupFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 7 green tomatoes shopping list
- 1 lb. country ham shopping list
- 3 quarts heavy cream shopping list
- 1 quart chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T. salt free chicken base or 2 bullion cubes shopping list
- 1 T. Crushed red pepper, more or less depending on spiciness desired shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Dice 4 tomatoes into small pieces, puree 3 others in food processor.
- Bake country ham according to directions first then dice into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in 6 quart pot.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring often.
- Thicken with corn starch dissolved in water.
- (Start with 1 cup water to 1/3 cup corn starch and adjust according to the thickness you prefer.)
- Remove from heat and refrigerate over night to marry the flavors.
- Reheat and garnish with basil leaf.
- Makes approximately 1 gallon.