Tex Mex Chili via UKFrom debra47 7 years ago
- 1lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 large onions (coarse chopped) shopping list
- 4 large cloves of garlic (pressed/minced) shopping list
- 2 birds-eye chillies shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (grind with pestle & mortar) shopping list
- ½ tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp dried crushed chilli flakes shopping list
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped cilantro (coriander) shopping list
- 2 14oz cans of chopped or plum tomatoes shopping list
- 2 14oz cans of red kidney beans shopping list
- 2 14oz cans black or navy (haricot) beans shopping list
- 1 12oz can of (sweet)corn shopping list
- Optional: rice or bread accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Using a deep heavy saucepan or non-stick frying pan (Skillet), brown the beef for around 5 minutes. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli, cumin, oregano and chilli flakes, then cook for around 5 minutes over a low heat till the onions are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, kidney, black or navy beans; bring to the boil, reduce heat, then simmer or 20 minutes.
- Add corn and cook until all appears heated through.
- Garnish each serving with cilantro to complete.
- Will feed six Slim Jims or 4 normal hungry people.
- Serve with long grain rice, crusty French loaf or corn bread