Green Bean MoussakaFrom lindal34 5 years ago
- 2 14.5 Ounce Cans cut green beans, well drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 Pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine (any kind) shopping list
- 1 8 Ounce Can tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced finely shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Whole eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced pitted ripe olives, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Drain Green Beans well and place in a 1 1/2- 2 quart casserole.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until crumbly and drain off excess fat, if any.
- Deglaze pan with wine and add tomato sauce, garlic, onion, salt and cinnamon to the beef and wine and simmer for about 8 minutes or until onion is clear. Add small amount of water if necessary. This mix should be just slightly saucy.
- Spread beef mixture evenly over green beans.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Casserole may have to be baked 5-10 miniutes longer as the topping should be firm enough to cut into serving pieces.
- Let it cool a little and garnish with olive slices, if desired.