Beef ParesFrom cherrie 7 years ago
- 500g beef brisket, sliced into 1 1/2-inch thick cubes shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 piece onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pieces star anise shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Place beef, chopped onion, star anise and water in a saucepot. Cover saucepot and let the mixture simmer until the beef is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add more water during this process if liquid dries up or if you like the dish to have more sauce.
- Separate beef cubes from the broth. Set aside the beef broth. You should have about 2 cups of broth or a little more than that.
- In a saucepot, heat the cooking oil and saute garlic until light brown, Add chopped onion and saute until onion are transparent in color. Add cooked beef cubes. Combine well with onion and garlic.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, beef broth and season with ground black pepper and a dash of salt. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Disperse cornstarch in water and slowly add to beef mixture, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with fried rice or plain white rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcherrie Manila, PH
The Rating4 people
I tried it and it was great!callcenterguy in Malabon loved it
Wow - this is gorgeous. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!