Roasted Garlic Cream PastaFrom gourmetloveaffair 7 years ago
- 2 brined chicken breasts, skin removed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 head of garlic shopping list
- A few extra cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk, skim shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, reduced fat or nonfat shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage shopping list
- 2-4 oz fettuccine, (cooked sometime between the beginning and last step) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 450F. Rinse your brined chicken, and season tops with pepper (no salt), then set aside.
- Take a head of garlic and slice it through the middle of all the cloves (so that you have a top half, and the bottom half of a bundle of cloves -see picture)
- Place two halves on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and crack some fresh pepper over the halves. Put the top back on the bottom half and fold the foil into a package, all the way around the head of the garlic.
- Place on top shelf of oven for about 20-25 minutes (or until you are done with chicken, and first part of sauce).
- Meanwhile, boil water for the pasta.
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat.
- Toss a few cloves of minced garlic in sauté pan with oil.
- Dice your onion, then sauté in pan until translucent.
- Now, lay your chicken breasts peppered side down, now season the other side. Brown first side then flip to brown other side.
- Now, pour in chicken stock. (Depending on how big your sauté pan is, the chicken should just barely be sitting in the stock.)
- Turn your heat down until you have a simmer (about medium) and cover.
- Remove the head of garlic from the oven, unwrapping foil (careful, it's HOT). Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, chicken stock, sage, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- To extract the garlic from it's papery skin, take a half in your hand and gently squeeze until the cloves pop out (if the roasting was successful, this should happen pretty easily).
- You can either press this through a garlic grater or you can simply mash with a fork. Combine with the milk/sour cream mixture.
- When chicken is done, remove from sauté pan and set aside.
- Add milk/sour cream mixture to pan, then add pasta and toss together, coating pasta with sauce.
- Transfer a serving of pasta to a plate. Slice your chicken breasts on a bias, and fan across the pile of pasta to serve.
- Garnish with Italian parsley or fresh basil.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookgourmetloveaffair Glendale, AZ
The Rating6 people
Absolutely Fabulous! This is a definate keeper! I see me throwing some capers in, or mushrooms, or aspragus, etc. This is one of those recipes that is wonderful like it is, or easy to change up a tad. Gets a big high 5 from me!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Oh, this sounds delicious! This will be on my table soon! Thanks for sharing.waterlily in Joplin loved it
Thanks for the Recipe! That sounds delicious!My husband will love it. :)britt02 in Lexington loved it