Roasted Chiles Mac N CheeseFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 4 poblano chiles shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups grated caciotta or monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup goat cheese shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked macaroni shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 cups grated asiago or parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- ROAST THE CHILIES
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place the chiles on a greased baking sheet and cook, using tongs to turn the chiles after about 8 to 10 minutes, so that they blacken evenly on all sides. When blackened, remove from the oven and seal the chiles inside plastic bags for 10 minutes. Remove the chiles from the bags and slip off the blistered skins. When cooked, remove the seeds and stems and cut into strips.
- MAC N CHEESE
- Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, grease a medium casserole dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and milk over medium-high heat.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Whisk the flour into the melted butter, stirring over medium heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the heated whipping cream, whisking the mixture until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the caciotta and goat cheese.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the macaroni, cream mixture, and green chiles, mixing gently until well combined.
- Pour the macaroni into the greased baking dish and evenly spread the bread crumbs and grated asiago cheese over the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is browned.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Oh wow what a recipe thanks sparrowmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW is right. Excellent!! In college one of my go to snacks was box mac & cheese with hot sauce dumped on top. I'm guessing this is just a "tad" better...;-)~ As a matter of fact, I'm drooling right now. Can't wait to try this one. Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
PS.. Captain Chaos was cool...;-)~jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Anything Goes286 members
CASSEROLE COOKING110 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Home Cooking55 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Heat In The Kitchen314 members
Country Cooking With A Twist22 members