Best Ever Key Lime PieFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crums from 9 (2 1/4-inch by 4 3/4-inch crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled key lime juice (if using bottled, preferably Manhattan brand, or Nellie and Joe's) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
- Bake the crust in the middle of your oven for 10 minutes and cool on a pie plate on a rack (leave your oven on).
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly). Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.
- Cooks note: Pie (without topping) can be chilled up to 1 day.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating12 people
authentic.. i spend two months in the keys every winter and this is an authentic key lime pie recipe. as an aside... did you know there are no key lime trees (bushes) left in the keys? the salt water influx during recent hurricanes killed them all.misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Yummy ~ another one that is a winner!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
yummy henrie i love key lime anything tart.......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it