Country Store Fried ApplesFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 5 to 6 cups firm, tart apples, such as American Cameo or Granny Smith (about 2 1/2 pounds or 4 medium apples) shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core and slice apples into medium to thick slices.
- Place apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in small to medium slow-cooker.
- Disolve cornstarch in apple cider and blend well.
- Pour over apples and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours; stir halfway through cooking. Serves 8.
- Per serving: 102 calories
- (2 percent from fat), trace total fat (trace saturated fat), no cholestreol, 25 g. carbohydrates, trace protein, 6 mg. sodium, 3 g. dietary fiber.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating8 people
This looks wonderful! Thank you.....Patpleclare in Framingham loved it
Gemtnacndn in Jasper loved it
YUMMYYYYYYYY LOVE IT THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again853 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members