Sawmill GravyFrom susana 7 years ago
- 1-lb bulk breakfast sausage ( I used Jimmy Deen Original) shopping list
- 4 1/2-tbspn all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- (I also added one capful of Kitchen Bouquet because I prefer brown gravy over white gravy) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until brown, breaking meat up with a fork as it cooks.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a pepper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Pour off all but 2-tbspn oil from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil over medium heat and whisk in the flour; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk; increase heat to medium-high and simmer about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the sausage, pepper and salt.
- Serve over the top of freshly baked biscuit hot from the oven.
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
The Rating3 people
The best gravy ever...and sooo delicious. I don't make it often because I can't quit eating it...but I think it's time to go there again. Maybe this weekend...sounds like a plan to me. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!