Kung Pao ChickenFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 12 Oz chicken breast, cut in thin strips. shopping list
- 4 Tbs Peanut or corn oil. shopping list
- 2 or 3 dried red chilles, diced. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced. shopping list
- 4 to 6 slices, sliced ginger root (thin) shopping list
- 1 Tbs dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil (must) shopping list
- 3 scallions, cut into small rounds. shopping list
- 3 Oz roasted peanuts. shopping list
- For the Marinade: shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbs egg white, beaten shopping list
- For The Sauce: shopping list
- 1 Tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs chili sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 6 tbs vegetable broth shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Marinade:
- Add the salt, soy sherry,cornstarch and eggwhite. Mix well and marinate over the chicken strips for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce:
- Mix together the soy, chili sauce, vinegar sugar, cornstarch and stock.
- Heat a Wok over high heat util smoke rises. Add the oil and swirl it around. Add the dried chili, stir then add garlic and ginger and stir to relase their aroma. (AHHHH, it's coming together)
- Add chicken, sliding your metal spatula to the bottom of the wok, turn and toss for 60 seconds.
- Splash in the sherry around the side of the wok, stirring and tossing continously.
- Add the scallions and continue to stir for 45 seconds. the chicken should be almost cooked by now.
- Add the Sauce to the Wok. Continue to stir while it thickens.
- Add the peanuts, stir to mix for a few more times, transfer to a warm serving plate.
- Drizzle the sesame oil,and slighly toss.
- Serve over Rice....Delish.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating9 people
my favorite ........thanks a bunchminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow, Marky sweetie - this knocks me out! I love Kung Pao Chicken and your picture is gorgeous. Wow...can't wait to give a spin. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Inspired chicky.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!