Green Onion PancakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together flour and boiling water.
- Add 1/3 cup cold water and knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Cover and let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sesame oil, salt and green onions then set aside.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces then flatten each piece in the palm of your hand.
- Roll each piece into a 6" circle.
- Spread each with some of the green onion mixture.
- Roll up dough into a jellyroll then wind up into a snail shape.
- Flatten slightly then roll on lightly floured surface to 5" circle.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil spray then heat over medium high heat.
- Fry pancake for 2 minutes then turn and cook other side.
- Serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
My green onions are almost ready, I can hardly wait to make this recipe.sheba in Lac La Biche loved it
These onion cakes are very, very good. I had a little difficulty rolling in the green onions because of the oil but this recipe is a keeper!sheba in Lac La Biche loved it
I made these today and they were a bit salty. I'd use 1/2 teaspoon of salt instead of a whole teaspoon. Also, the first pancake I rolled squirted sesame oil. So when I made the other jelly rolls I pinched the edges.
This recipe is goo...morehalonine in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!