Bechamel LasagneFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound lasagne noodles shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 6 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 2 teaspoons fresh shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (chanterelles are nice in this) shopping list
- 1 pound ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) chopped fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 cup freshly grated Asiago or parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese. shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour (unbleached, please!) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan or asiago cheese shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Drain, fill the pan with cold water and let the noodles sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Heat oil or butter in a large pan over medium heat and saute the onions, garlic, basil, and tarragon. When onions are translucent, add the mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushroom are done.
- Combine the ricotta and cottage cheese in a large bowl, along with the eggs, cooked vegetables, spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, Asiago or Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- For the bechamel, melt the butter in a suace pan. Add the flour and cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk, still stirring constantly. Add the Parmesan or Asiago, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the sauce is the desired thickness.
- To make the lasagne, first spoon a bit of sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 12" pan. Add a layer of noodles, then the cheese-and-veggie mixture. Repeat with another layer of noodles and cheese-veggie mixture, and then top with the remaining sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 30 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- I like this with a nice Pinot Grigio and a lettuce and tomato salad.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- schnuffy Newtownards, GB
- samzam Nowhere, Us
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- foodduderocks Seattle, WA
- imhungry Northern, OH
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- chefsuz Livermore, CA
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating6 people
I can 'taste' this recipe already! So creamy
and delicious! I love the Asiago cheese you used!
Thanks for sharing....A "5".....!
.....mjcmcook.....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Mmmmmm, this must smell so good cooking! I love this one!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds very good...Thank you for posting it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!