Cheesy Broccoli Chicken BakeFrom knoxcop 8 years ago
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves (remove skin) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pkg. frozen broccoli (about 10 oz each) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cans mushroom soup shopping list
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise shopping list
- 5-6 slices yellow American cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Nature's Seasons or your fave seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 c. bread crumbs, moistened with 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Put broccoli in bottom of baking dish (9 x 13 inch).
- Lay chicken breasts on top of broccoli. You can use tenders or cut up chunks of chicken breasts, too.
- Mix mushroom soup and mayonnaise together with seasonings and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs moistened with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- About 5 minutes before done lay cheese on top to melt.
- *NOTE* To freeze one casserole for later use: Prep two Pyrex baking dishes instead of one with buttery cooking spray. Layer as directed, dividing between two dishes evenly. Cover casserole well with layer of Press N Seal first, then layer of tin foil wrapped tightly. May freeze for up to 6 months.
- To reheat frozen casserole, remove from freezer 24 hours before cooking and place into refrigerator to thaw. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, check for doneness/liquid levels, heat until done and bubbly brown. Top with cheese if desired.