Super Sloppy JoesFrom maggiel52 7 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium chopped onion shopping list
- 2 -3 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Cook beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Drain meat mixture.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Simmer covered for 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat mixture onto each bun.
- Add a slice of cheese to each sandwich to make it even better.
The Cookmaggiel52 Conway, AR
The Rating3 people
This is one of the best recipes for sloppy joes I've seen, good job!! I'll be trying this version next time.asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
this one is so close to mine, I have to agree, this one is a winner and a must do for anyone who wants 'real' sloppy joes not from a can. Excellent job and recipe! Gave you my high five burger buns!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Awesome recipe! I definitely rate this a 5!!petunia97 in Gonzales loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!