Orange Cinnamon Oatmeal CookiesFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1 Cup shortening shopping list
- 1 Cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup White sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon (can add more or less to suit taste) shopping list
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned oatmeal (Do NOT use instant) shopping list
- 2 Cups raisins shopping list
- 1 Six ounce bag Ocean Spray orange Flavor craisins shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups water shopping list
- Zest of 1/2 orange (more or less to taste) plus some of the fresh juice shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer raisins and craisins in water over medium heat until both are soft and plump. It will take about 10-15 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to the shortening mixture and mix well.
- Add both the raisins and craisins and the orange zest. Mix thoroughly. Zest the orange peel and some fresh orange juice into this mixture and stir again. (I cut the orange in half after zesting and squeezed half of the fresh juice into the mixture.) Add the oats and stir mixture until blended and raisins and craisins are even distributed throughout mixture. Add some of the reserved raisin/craisin "water" to give added moisture and flavor. (Not too much, it should just be moist and not "wet".)
- Spoon mixture out by rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet. If it's non-stick you don't have to use cooking spray, but I used a bit of Baker's Joy cookie spray when I made them.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, checking by ten minutes. (These cookies WILL burn quickly if left unattended!) Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!