Baked Polenta with Grilled Italian Vegetable MedelyFrom erin1231 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9”x13” baking pan with olive oil
- In a heavy bottomed pot, bring water and 2 tsp salt to a boil. Add polenta and quickly stir to avoid any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir occasionally for 5 minutes until cooked though and has a thick consistence.
- Stir in olive oil.
- To make a black polenta, omit the salt and add ½ C black olive tapenade after cooking polenta.
- For a fuller flavor, stir in grated Parmigiano Reggiano, Grana Padano, or Pecorino Romano.
- Other nice additions at this stage are 2 tsps of fennel seeds, 1 tsp of oregano, or 1 tbsp of fresh, mined rosemary and a minced garlic clove.
- Once polenta is to your taste, pour into oiled pan and spread evenly.
- Smooth the top of the polenta and bake for 30 minutes.
- The polenta should not become brown, or color, but it should firm up a great deal, into an easily sliceable mass.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking, spread mixed grill on top, just to warm vegetables through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While still warm, slice into 3”x4” blocks and plate for individual servings.
- To finish, drape a slice or two of prosciutto on top, or a sprig of fresh basil, some cracked peppercorns, or a swirl of truffle oil over the plate.
The Cookerin1231 West Pittston, PA
The Rating4 people
Erin you certainly know how to score a home run when it comes to polenta I love the alternative of adding black olive tapenade after cooking the polenta.
You have my 5 fork rating
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Very nice Erin. Your polenta ideas are fantastic. I would like to try it w/ fresh grilled veggies.......;-)~ High 5... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!