Country Ham And Red-Eye GravyFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oil in frying pan and sprinkle sugar lightly on both sides of ham.
- Fry ham until lightly browned. Remove, set aside
- Add water and coffee to pan dripppings and simmer about 2 minutes.
- Spoon over ham or biscuits.
- Note: Cured country ham slices are now available in many grocery stores. This is salty, and a taste treat. However, regular ham slices can be used. Do not trim fat.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating5 people
Heavens yes, don't trim the fat. The fat makes the dish "red eye." My biscuits aren't ever quite cat-head quality but I'm going to keep trying. I'd like to blame the Florida humidity but I think it is my technique. The far flung family in the Wes...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it