Chicken Breast VictoriaFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter divided shopping list
- 1 cup flour divided shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 shallot minced shopping list
- 8 ounces small shrimp peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 ounces crab meat shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in 1/4 cup flour to make a roux.
- In another pan heat cream then slowly add cream to roux and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens and set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten and dredge in 3/4 cup flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in a skillet then add chicken and saute until golden brown.
- Remove chicken to serving plate and keep warm in low oven.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet then add mushrooms and shallots and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and crab meat and cook until shrimp is opaque.
- Add wine and bring to brisk boil then turn heat to low and add reserved cream sauce and cook until mixture thickens to consistency of heavy cream soup.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.