Levin Chocolate Chip Cookie CloneFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold**** shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour (13 ½ oz) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 12 ounces (2 cups) good quality semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) shopping list
How to make it
- If using dough right away, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (It’s best to chill, though)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars just until creamy. Don’t overbeat. Add the egg and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 12 big 4 oz lumps. Bake on ungreased cookies sheets (one sheet at a time). (I chilled my dough balls BEFORE baking)
- Bake times:
- Put the cookies in a 375 degree oven and set timer for 8 minutes. When timer rings, without opening oven or removing cookies, reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until cookies appear set.
- Otherwise, you can bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until done. (Mine did 24 minutes, but I have a convection oven)
- Makes 12 (mine made 14)