Roasted Red Bell Pepper FrittersFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 oz. beer shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 oz. roasted red pepper, thawed shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- Creamy herb Sauce (recipe below) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine flour, onion, parsley, and salt. With a wire whisk stir in beer, egg, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce, whisking until smooth. Mixture will be thick.
- Stir in Roasted Red Pepper puree; mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a heavy deep skillet heat 2 inches oil to 365° F. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into hot oil (do not crowd). Fry about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon, remove fritters and drain on several layers of paper towels. Arrange hot fritters on a service plate; serve with Creamy Herb Sauce.
- Creamy Herb Sauce:
- Stir together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons each crumbled dried chives and crushed dried basil, and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- . Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until thickened, about 24 hours. Makes 3/4 cup sauce.
- Serving Suggestion:
- Serve fritters on leaves of white or purple salad savoy with a small cup of the Creamy Herb Sauce on the center of the plate.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
Yummy. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love the Creamy Herb Sauce in the center of this dish surrounded by the pretty leaves.
I love Fritters and roasted red peppers are my favorite veggie so this is a home run for me.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!