Roasted Red Bell Pepper FrittersFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 oz. beer shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 oz. roasted red pepper, thawed shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- Creamy herb Sauce (recipe below) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine flour, onion, parsley, and salt. With a wire whisk stir in beer, egg, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce, whisking until smooth. Mixture will be thick.
- Stir in Roasted Red Pepper puree; mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a heavy deep skillet heat 2 inches oil to 365° F. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into hot oil (do not crowd). Fry about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon, remove fritters and drain on several layers of paper towels. Arrange hot fritters on a service plate; serve with Creamy Herb Sauce.
- Creamy Herb Sauce:
- Stir together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons each crumbled dried chives and crushed dried basil, and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- . Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until thickened, about 24 hours. Makes 3/4 cup sauce.
- Serving Suggestion:
- Serve fritters on leaves of white or purple salad savoy with a small cup of the Creamy Herb Sauce on the center of the plate.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
I love the Creamy Herb Sauce in the center of this dish surrounded by the pretty leaves.
I love Fritters and roasted red peppers are my favorite veggie so this is a home run for me.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yummy. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!