Caramel banana mousse cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 23cm chocolate sponge cake shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp gelatine shopping list
- 3 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 2 ripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 2 bananas, sliced shopping list
- caramel topping shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the cold water and leave for 5 minutes until spongy. Set the bowl over a small saucepan with simmering water and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In the same time, beat the heavy cream and the powder sugar until peaks form. Add the cooled gelatine and beat until only combined. Fold in the mashed Bananas until combined.
- Split the chocolate sponge cake horizontally. Set the base of the cake in a 23cm spring form cake ring. Arrange sliced bananas over the top, pour over the cream filling and smooth the top with a spatula. Chill for 3-4 hours
- To make the caramel, melt the sugar in a heavy saucepan over a very low heat until deep brown color, add the butter stirring constantly . Remove from heat and add the cream gradually stirring until combined. Let to cool completely and pour over the top
- Of the chilled cake making some swirls with a skewer for a decorative pattern. Best served at the same day.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
YUUMMM! I love the combination of Bananas, chocolate and caramel. = )sunny in Portland loved it
another masterpiece Chef Ahmed..........IT LOOKS FANTASTIC..................minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
another winner my friend... we really need to find you a publisher.!!!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!