Buttermilk Breakfast CakeFrom michellem 6 years ago
- 1 (18.25-oz. package white-cake mix ( I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic white cake mix and was pleased with the results) shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- shortening to grease your pan shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- buttermilk-Vanilla glaze(see recipe below) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1Tbsp. melted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbsp buttermilk shopping list
- Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1 Tbsp. buttermilk until smooth, adding additional buttermilk. if necessary, for desired consistency. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly blended; add eggs, 1 af a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with shortenting; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp granulated sugar.
- Spoon one-third of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Cool cake pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool for 20 min..
- Drizzle Buttermilk-Vanilla Glaze over lightly warm cake
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating14 people
Not a buttermilk fan, but when it's fixed like this who could resist? Looks really good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
great post! mmmm...magali777 in Mexico loved it
Oh Michelle, THAT is a thing of beauty!! Between you and Ahmed, with your pictures that make me drool all over myself, I dont' stand a chance of regaining my girlish figure (not that I was trying anyhow)...I have to make this over the weekend, even ...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!