Fresh Mango Jalapeno SalsaFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 small ripe mango shopping list
- ½ red pepper shopping list
- ½ medium sweet onion shopping list
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeds discarded shopping list
- about 2 tablespoons cilantro, to your liking (I love the stuff, so I use more) shopping list
- Drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (maybe less to start - it depends on how much you like that flavor) shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 or 2 shakes garlic powder (not garlic salt) shopping list
- 4 or 5 grinds of fresh pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the fruit and veggies to small dices and toss together.
- Drizzle just a teaspoon or so of olive oil over the veggies.
- Add seasonings and mix it all together well. This is one of those dishes you have to "taste test" and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- As most salsas, the flavor improves and intensifies as it sits, so try to make it at least a couple hours in advance.
- Serve with grilled meats, as a side with tortilla chips, or mixed into a bit of white rice…whatever ways you can think of to enjoy this fresh salsa.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator - will keep for 3 or 4 days.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
bom chicka wa wa! sounds great with the flavor combinations!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Wow this really sounds yummy. My Monique will enjoy this the most..she is my mango girl. Im bookmarking this one for the near future. Thank you for sharing.michellem in Idaho loved it
i love this i make it every now and then so good thank you .i like the addition of the jalapeno peppers yummyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!