Pizza Meatballs For Appetizers Or SandwichesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin shopping list
- ½ pound spicy italian sausage (or mild, if you prefer) shopping list
- 1 cup finely crushed garlic croutons shopping list
- ¼ cup finely diced sweet onions shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 10 ounce block mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 10 to 12 ounce can of your favorite pizza sauce (NOT spaghetti sauce) shopping list
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese for topping (I use about ½ to 1 cup, depending on how much I have on hand ) shopping list
- pepperoni slices, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the mozzarella into small enough cubes that you will be able to insert them into each meatball easily.
- Combine meats, croutons, onions, egg and seasonings.
- Shape meat mixture into bite-size meatballs.
- Insert a cube of mozzarella into the center of each meatball, being sure it is completely covered by the meat.
- Place meatballs on a heavy baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees until done, about 15 to 25 minutes (depending on the size of the meatballs).
- When meatballs are cooked through, remove pan from oven and drain off excess drippings.
- Pour pizza sauce over cooked meatballs and gently stir them to coat them with the sauce.
- Return pan to oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce is hot (you can heat the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop if you want to speed the process up a bit).
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle meatballs with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer - or place on toasted sub rolls for pizza meatball sandwiches (a few slices of pepperoni added to the sub makes a good addition, too - or some sliced olives, etc...whatever you like on your pizza).
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
Nice one Krum...I know I will use this a lot. THanks for the post ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Yummmmm! :) I'll be over for dinner, krumkake! :)
~Melbakermel in Topeka loved it
Those sound delish! thanks Krum.auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!