Thai Fish Cakes With Cucumber SalsaFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- fish cakes: shopping list
- 1 lb fresh white fish such as cod, basa or halibut shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 c green beans, sliced shopping list
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste shopping list
- 3 c vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- cucumber salsa: shopping list
- 1/2 c white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 english cucumber, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks of green onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 1-2 fresh little red thai chile pepper, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts crushed in a mortar and pestle shopping list
How to make it
- Fish cakes:
- Cut the fish into small pieces, then grind it up in a food processor
- until it forms a paste.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and mix in the rest of the ingredients (except the oil).
- Knead the mixture until sticky enough to form a 2 inch circle. Press down to form a 1/2 inch disc.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan at med/high heat.
- Add fishcakes and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with steamed jasmine rice cucumber salsa.
- cucumber salsa:
- Cook vinegar and sugar in small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- In a small serving bowl arrange cucumbers, shallots and Thai chile. Pour vinegar mixture over that, then top with roasted peanuts.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating7 people
1. I love fish cakes 2. I love lime leaf 3. I love cucumbers in vinegar 4. Now I'm hungry, and it's nearly 11 o'clock at night! Kindred indeed :-) Namaste! You have my five once again.shine in Rainier loved it
I simply love all of this!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Nice!buzzbear in New Westminister loved it