Summer Rum CakeFrom czekit7 7 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1-yellow cake mix (but attempting right now with a spiced cake mix) shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1/2 c. oil (vegetable) shopping list
- 1/2 c. rum (used Malibu in this recipe) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 small french vanilla pudding mix (do not make pudding with it) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional and your choice...peacans rock!!) shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1/8 c. water shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. run (again using Malibu) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. MIx all of cake ingredients together in mixer until smooth.
- 2. Optional: place nuts in bottom of BUNDT cake pan.
- 3. Place in oven at 325 degrees for 55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- 4. Place all frosting ingredients in small saucepan, boil and stir continuously until melted.
- 5. When cake is finished in oven, LEAVE in pan, and pour frosting mixture around OUTSIDE rim of pan.
- 6. Cool, cover with seran wrap; does not need to chill. The center will be very dense with all of the buttery, rummy goodness.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookczekit7 Pryor, OK
The Rating4 people
so good!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Wonderful recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Mmmmmmmmm... thank you for sharing or should I say thank Steve ;) This Rum cake sounds so good I think it will be my next dessert recipe to make. You've got my "5" forks on this lovely cake.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!