Summer Rum CakeFrom czekit7 5 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1-yellow cake mix (but attempting right now with a spiced cake mix) shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1/2 c. oil (vegetable) shopping list
- 1/2 c. rum (used Malibu in this recipe) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 small french vanilla pudding mix (do not make pudding with it) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional and your choice...peacans rock!!) shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1/8 c. water shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. run (again using Malibu) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. MIx all of cake ingredients together in mixer until smooth.
- 2. Optional: place nuts in bottom of BUNDT cake pan.
- 3. Place in oven at 325 degrees for 55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- 4. Place all frosting ingredients in small saucepan, boil and stir continuously until melted.
- 5. When cake is finished in oven, LEAVE in pan, and pour frosting mixture around OUTSIDE rim of pan.
- 6. Cool, cover with seran wrap; does not need to chill. The center will be very dense with all of the buttery, rummy goodness.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookczekit7 Pryor, OK
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmmmm... thank you for sharing or should I say thank Steve ;) This Rum cake sounds so good I think it will be my next dessert recipe to make. You've got my "5" forks on this lovely cake.lor in Toronto loved it
Wonderful recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
so good!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!