Brats N Beer Potato SaladFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, Red or Yukon Gold shopping list
- 4 bratwurst shopping list
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 bottle or can of beer, preferably full-flavored dark beer, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard (use good german mustard) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive, canola or other vegetable oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Chopped cooked bacon...(Optional, but WOW) Add to the dressing.... shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub or peel the potatoes and cut into 3/4 inch chunks.
- Put in a saucepan, cover with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are barely tender, about 10 minutes. Don't overcook.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan or skillet, mix the brats, sliced, with the drained sauerkraut and about 1/2 bottle or can of beer. Simmer this until the brats are done. (If using pre-cooked brats, simmer until warmed through.)
- Slice the onion into paper-thin slices and separate into rings.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and drizzle 2 - 3 tablespoons of beer over the hot potatoes.
- Make the dressing: whisk together 1 tablespoon beer, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 3 tablespoons oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the potatoes with the brats and sauerkraut. Stir in the onions. Add the dressing and mix gently. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot or cold.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating7 people
I NEED to make this! It sounds absolutely wonderful! At least once during the summer I make a German picnic...brats, German potato salad, Bavarian sauerkraut salad, good mustards, good beer. This is going on the menu this year! Using gluten-free ...morecrabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS! Thank you for posting!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
I want to make this recipe 'RIGHT Now' !!!
It just sounds so delicious to me!
I can just 'taste' the 'Brats&Beer' coming
My sons in-law are going to love this!!!
Thanks for the posting....A "5" FORKS fo...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it